Monday, August 30, 2010

Round and Round

Someone left an older Happenings Coupon book in the break room last week. I was told they left it for others to use because the book expired in a couple months. I picked it up casually; not expecting to use any. I saw a coupon for a one week trial at a local fitness center. I had a week off coming. Going to a health club would really improve my "staycation." I've been going to the fitness center every day to use their pool. Their pool is nice. The water is warm and clean. The lap lanes are much shorter than the pool I usually use. I feel like I have to turn around much more often. I swim a little and then turn, swim and turn. This pool has two lap lanes roped off. On Sunday, no one but me was using the pool. Rather than swim and turn, I thought I'd try using both lanes. I'd swim to the end and before I hit the wall turn left and swim back down again. Round and round I went counter clockwise. After about ten circles I began to feel like a goldfish in a bowl. Eventually other people came into the pool and I had to quit hogging both lanes but it was fun while it lasted. I am going to have to find the person who left the coupon book. I've been making great use of it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...