Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Some Like It Hot


The weather today was hot and humid. I worked hard today. We helped Offspring #2 move into a house on campus. I didn't lift anything heavy but I did walk up and down 3 flights of stairs a lot. I swept. I vacuumed. I moved lighter bags and boxes. My favorite haul was a large blue sheet full of something soft (pillows? towels?). I slung it over my back and I felt like Santa Claus. I sat on the steps to rest and the sweat dripped off my head and soaked the concrete steps. Even thought I was hot and I was sweaty, I still like it hot. I love hot weather. I'd take this weather over cold any day. Right after I graduated from college, I ended up moving on New Year's Eve three years in a row. That was not any fun at all. If I have to move, I'd rather do it in the summertime.

2 comments:

Cajo said...

Thanks for your help, Santa! They were pillows, by the way.

Sue said...

Oh, you are welcome. It was fun. And I lost two pounds!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...