Friday, September 3, 2010

One of My Favorite Sounds


Besides the sound of newborn babies crying one of my favorite sounds is the sound of jars sealing after making a batch of peach jam. One by one, the jars make a "PLOP" sound as they seal. Then you know your jam will be safe to give as a gift for Christmas or a birthday. I use no special recipe - only the one that comes inside the box of Sure-jell. The problem is I can't read the recipe until after I buy the box of Sure-jell. Usually I buy the jam ingredients at the same time. I overestimated how many peaches I would need. I bought 8 pounds of peaches. Each batch of jam takes 3 pounds. I ended up making two batches of jam. Let me know if you need some.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...