Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Relief

Whew, finally, I can talk about the epic change in my life. Today (finally) my boss officially resigned. I think he's been there for 38 years. He's been my boss longer than Offspring #2 has been eating solid food or 21.5 years. He's been my boss more than half my working years. He's been a good boss. And I always got such good reviews from him. He let me write my own. I've always appreciated his "hands off" approach to supervision. What will happen now? Will I still be able to write my own glowing reviews? Will my new supervisor have the same approach to supervision? Enough about me, how will he adapt to retirement? I hope that when I retire 1.) my coworkers will be happy for me personally and not because they didn't like my work, 2.) my retirement will be a happy occasion to celebrate, and 3.) I will be emotionally ready to give up the daily grind and let a younger person take my place to do a better job.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Wow, about time! lol Hands Off was the right choice of words!

I am sure there will be many to be glad this day finally came! Who is in the running to sit in his chair? Katie or Carol????

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...