Tuesday, September 28, 2010

She is Giving Me A Bad Name


There is a character on the television show, Glee, named Sue.  She is an evil one, that Sue.  She is a teacher but she is more likely to shove a kid down the stairs or insult them by mocking their physical attributes than teach anything.  Like the Joker in Batman, Sue is nasty.  As if that wasn't bad enough, now the network has a public service announcement called, "Don't Be a Sue."  Seriously, the commercial has in large font, "Don't Be a Sue."  You can see the commercial for yourself by clicking on the title of this blog entry.  If that link doesn't work, just google "Don't Be a Sue" to find it.   Sue (on the show, not me) is selfish, ruthless (oh, suddenly I feel bad for people named Ruth), conniving, and merciless.  One offspring tells me that Sue is a good person underneath.  She says Sue has a sibling with a disability and has a cheerleader with Down Syndrome on her squad.  I must have missed that episode of Glee.  I don't want this popular television show to give me a bad name.  I worry about these things.  Last weekend while traveling to St. Croix State Park, we passed many political yard signs. One person, running for the House of Representatives in District 8, is named Faust.  Now that is unfortunate.  Faust is a character in a German story about an ambitious man who surrenders moral integrity in order to achieve power and success.  He makes a deal with the devil and ends up going to hell.  If my last name was Faust, I would think twice before running for office.

1 comment:

Cajo said...

Sue is actually my favorite character. All the others are whiny. lol

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...