Saturday, October 2, 2010

Never Let Me Go

Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching a move and watching a play based on books I have read in the past.  What fun!  "Never Let Me Go" is a haunting science fiction movie just like it was a haunting book.  The movie is about people who are cloned and raised to be organ donors for other people.  The cloned people grow up and are educated in private boarding schools to be healthy and obedient.  At age 18, they are told their purpose in life and allowed to leave the school to live in some cottages for about three years before they are asked to give their donations.  The movie focuses on Kathy, Tommy and Ruth (who is played by a plain looking Kiera Knightley).  Ruth gets in the way of Kathy and Tommy's relationship.  The movie scenes were just as I pictured when I read the book.  I wish this caliber of movie was available at the local theater.  We had to go downtown to the Lagoon to see it.  It's worth the trip!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...