Monday, October 4, 2010

Carrot Harvest

I heard frost was predicted Saturday night so I took precautions.  I harvested the garden.  Carrots were the biggest crop. My red bucket overflowed with carrots.  I washed them off with water from the rain barrel and cut off the leafy tops.  I still had an almost full bucket of carrots.  let me know if you need any.  I also grabbed the last tomatoes, onions, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeno peppers.  My hamstrings are feeling the strain from all that bending over.  Saturday was a beautiful day.  The crisp autumn air smelled and felt really good.  I picked a great day to work outside.  More photos of autumn in the yard will follow.






No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...