Monday, October 11, 2010

A Promised World

Lisa Tucker wrote "A Promised World."  This intriguing novel explores the ties between twin brother and sister.  Twins have always fascinated me.  I've had twins in my close circle nearly all of my life so I tend to be interested in them.  In this set of twins, Lisa Cole is a college English professor and her brother, Billy, is underemployed, brilliant, and definitely marches to a different drummer.  Life unravels for Lisa when Billy commits "suicide by police."  Yeah, I know, this is one of those Oprah selections, dysfunctional family books.  But the writing is very good. Patrick, Lisa's understanding husband, is a very interesting and believable character.  Up until the last chapter, I was really enjoying it.  The ending is way over the top.  It's like the author was writing a good movie and ended it up a daytime soap opera ending.

PS The Ely pictures are still coming.  Uploading is taking more time than I thought.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...