Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beauty of the Willow Tree

I love this part of spring - right before the swollen tree buds burst into leaves.  The maples have their tiny red flowers but most trees don't have a lot of color right now.  Just the willows show color.  Maybe because they're the only ones showing color or maybe just because they are "out of this world" beautiful, the willow trees catch my eye.  Willows do not have the gaudy golden yellow like the flowering forsythia.  The willow is more delicious in appearance.  The willow branches have a juicy, fruity, lemon-lime, citrus, ethereal beauty that makes my mouth water just to look at them.  A willow tree overhanging water is my favorite.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...