Sunday, May 8, 2011

Living Green


Today I went to the "Living Green Expo" at the State Fairgrounds.   I went there to volunteer at the Master Naturalist booth for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Admission is free and even though it was Mother's Day and even though it rained, there were quite a few people at the event.  I didn't really have the time to look at the other exhibits.  I was in the Education Building and we shared a booth with Flourish Realty.  Actually the realtor is also a Master Naturalist and he thought we ought to have a presence there.  I enjoyed myself.  I just told people who were interested what I did as a Master Naturalist.  I don't mind telling them about the fun things I have learned and the great people I have come to know.  I met one woman who is signed up for a class in June and I promised to sit with her Friday evening at the master naturalist conference in just a couple weeks.  Today made me think about my volunteer commitments. Most of my time is spent doing citizen science projects.  Maybe I should think about mixing that up and having more interaction with the general public. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...