Monday, May 9, 2011

Diamond Lake

The weather on Saturday was so nice (for a change) that I had to go out biking in the afternoon.  I just couldn't get enough of the warm air and fresh breezes.  I headed south and west and took a trip around Diamond Lake in Dayton.  I headed west on the south shore and came back on the north shore so I would always be able to see the lake on my right.  On the far western edge, a flock of at least fifty white pelicans were bobbing on the water.  It's breeding time for pelicans so they get a strange growth on their bills.  They must think it's sexy I guess.  These are the first white pelicans I've seen this year. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...