Monday, May 9, 2011

Diamond Lake

The weather on Saturday was so nice (for a change) that I had to go out biking in the afternoon.  I just couldn't get enough of the warm air and fresh breezes.  I headed south and west and took a trip around Diamond Lake in Dayton.  I headed west on the south shore and came back on the north shore so I would always be able to see the lake on my right.  On the far western edge, a flock of at least fifty white pelicans were bobbing on the water.  It's breeding time for pelicans so they get a strange growth on their bills.  They must think it's sexy I guess.  These are the first white pelicans I've seen this year. 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...