Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Loosing It



What am I loosing?  My mind?  Possibly.  The rat race?  Probably.  The keys to my motorcycle two days in a row?  Definitely.  The first time was yesterday afternoon at the health club.  I left them in the ignition while I swam for an hour.  I came out, dressed, and couldn't find the keys.  I didn't remember taking them out of the ignition.  I looked at the bike and they weren't there. I looked through all my pockets three times and my entire backpack and they weren't there.  I asked at the desk and someone had left them there.  Angry at myself and a little relieved, I went back to my bike.  Tucked on the handlebars was a note saying my keys were at the front desk and I should be glad he found them and brought them there.  It was signed "Mike."  I guess Mike assumes other people would have stolen the bike and maybe he was right.  So today I made an effort to keep track of the keys.  And I did until 4 o'clock or so.  I came out of a meeting at the Anoka Government Center.  The temperature is about 100 degrees and going outside makes me feel like I have a fever.  The keys are not in any of my pockets AGAIN!  I check all my pockets three times.  I check my entire backpack.  I check at the front desk on first floor and on fifth floor. I check the conference room where I attended the meeting.  Nothing.  I have nowhere else to check.  I call a friend who will come to my rescue.  I look at my bike parked across Third Avenue.  My helmet is hanging off the rear tail light.  Could the keys be inside the helmet with my gloves and sun glasses?  I look and there the keys sit.  Am I happy to see them?  A little but again I am mostly angry at myself for being so careless.  I call off the rescue. This heat must be frying some connections in my brain.  I have to figure out a better way to keep track of these keys as soon as possible.  

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...