Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Like The Way You Walk. I Like The Way You Talk.

Although I haven't said this in 35 or so years, last night I went out to a bar on Payne Avenue.  A sibling, a cousin, and myself met at the Minnesota Music Cafe to see another cousin play in the original 4 On The Floor.  I like bars so much more now that they're not smoky. This place wasn't crowded.  Oh, gosh, my cousin has talent as lead guitar/singer.  The other guitarist and the keyboardist and the drummer were also very talented and put their all into the music.  The first song they did was Creedence Clearwater Revival - Susie Q.  My sibling said it was for me. I thought no, it couldn't be, but wouldn't it be nice if it was?  After the set was finished my cousin said they played that song for me.  OMG!!!  How cool is that?  I'm so honored.  And I've been humming the song all day. They played Blood Sweat and Tears, Stevie Wonder, Bob Seeger (Down on Main Street), Eagles (Hotel California), Johnny Cash (Folsom Prison), Neil Sedaka (Sweet Caroline), Wilson Pickett (Mustang Sally) and even (get this) my #1 all time favorite, Rod Stewart.  I knew every song they played.  I had a wonderful evening.  I really got to get out to hear live music more often.
PS I drove down Payne Avenue past Louie's Bar, my old hangout.  It's still there. : )

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Sounds like such a fun time. It's so fun knowing the band and even more special that one was a relative.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...