Sunday, June 19, 2011

Second Sighting Not Nearly As Much Fun

This morning I was awakened by the sound of frantic chickens.  There was a ruckus in the hen house.  The chickens are on the east side of the house now and I can see them out of my bedroom window.  I got up and looked out to see the gray fox running back and forth along the length of the run, scaring Meredith and Pamela half to death.  I opened the window and yelled, "Hey, you!  Gray Fox!"  I'm not sure why I include the species.  When I yelled at the red fox last year I yelled "Fox!"  not "Red Fox."  The gray fox looked at me.  I looked at it and said, "Beat it!"  He left the area but not the yard.  He went down the mowed path toward the side hill.  I yelled, "I can still see you!"  He moved into the long grass east of my garden.  I could see the grasses move as he traveled. I watched until he was out of sight.  I looked at my alarm clock.  Six o'clock - the exact moment that I have to get up for work five days a week.  Grrrr, that darn gray fox.  Why doesn't he go after the numerous cottontail rabbits instead of the chicken?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...