Wednesday, August 31, 2011

All Done with the Black Walnuts

If by that statement you think I meant I shucked all the walnut hulls, cured the nuts, cracked the nuts and roasted the meat, you are wrong.  If you think I meant trying to shuck the hulls, got frustrated when the hull was fused to the first dozen walnut shells, realized I could buy better tasting walnuts for $3 per pound at the grocery store and without spending hours of work, dumped the whole lot of walnuts down the side of the hill where I don't care if squirrels dig holes, then you are absolutely correct.

2 comments:

Samuel said...

Life is too short to do things you don't enjoy.

Sue said...

Amen to that.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...