Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm In Denial and I Like It Here

Here is a song I composed to the tune of "On Top Of Old Smokey."

They say that summer
Has come to an end.
I say no, not yet,
Let's live it again.

Cuz summer's my favorite
I can't let it go.
Not ready for autumn,
Not ready for snow.

So hold back the pages
to August's calendar.
Each day that passes
Brings us closer to winter.

I've been to the State Fair,
I see acorns in the grass.
This morning school buses
Practiced bringing kids to class.

I'm not ready to wear boots,
not ready for socks.
I like sandals and short sleeves.
Keep mittens in a box.

Signs of autumn are around me,
black birds flying en masse.
But I prefer summer.
Fall can kiss my  ___.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...