Sunday, September 25, 2011

Deer

The deer are getting quite bold around my neighborhood.  If I or my neighbors stop to look at one, the deer stares back.  The deer may also snort and stomp it's hoof which in deer language probably means, "What are YOU looking at?"  They come to my yard for dessert - Haralson apples. Now that all my vegetables are gone (thanks to them), all they have to eat is apples.  I wish we had fewer deer around here.  When we first moved here, I thought seeing deer was cool but now I look at them as a menace to my safety in a vehicle and my health because deer ticks carry Lymes Disease.  It doesn't matter how I feel about the deer, the fox, the chipmunks, the field mice, the hawks or the cedar waxwings.  We are all just fellow travelers on this planet trying to get through the day.  A deer is a vegetarian mammal, just like me.

1 comment:

Cajo said...

The deer probably won't eat your chickens, at least. :)

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...