Monday, December 24, 2012

Kneading

There is something about kneading that is very enjoyable.  I hit the dough with the heel of my left hand, then right, and left again before turning it a quarter turn and repeat. "Slap, slap, slap, turn.  Slap, slap, slap, turn." I have to shed a layer of clothes because kneading is a workout for the dough and for me.  By the time 8 or 10 minutes has passed the dough melds into a single entity and becomes stretch and elastic.  Kneading the dough is a comforting because it is also old fashioned work.  Today I made homemade basil pasta for a Christmas spaghetti dinner and cinnamon rolls for a Christmas breakfast.  Obviously I'm not worrying about counting carbs tomorrow. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...