Monday, December 3, 2012

Lodging

After winning a 2 night stay at the Lutsen resort condo lodge, I got the chance to stay there this weekend.  I've been to Lutsen resort, Minnesota's oldest resort, before to go canoeing and to have dinner in their dining room, but this the first time I stayed there.  Oh, it's plush and ever so much easier than camping.  The main lodge was just a covered bridge away from where we stayed.  We played a game of scrabble in the main lodge near the big open fireplace.  We used their pool and hot tub.  We enjoyed a loud and competitive game of air hockey where I won 2 out of 3 games.  Something about air hockey brings out the competitive beast in me.  Hiking was difficult with mist falling on the trails so after one fall we dropped that idea.  We watched a movie, played trivial pursuit and boggle, visited with relatives, and truly enjoyed our stay at Lutsen resort.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...