Friday, December 21, 2012

Very Productive On The Shortest Day Of The Year

Today is the winter solstice and the temperature was cold this morning.  Usually I find the chickens outside when I check on them before work.  But not today.  Today they were cuddled inside the coop.  But under all those feathers and legs I found 4 brown eggs and none of them were frozen.  I really didn't expect eggs. I haven't been using the light because the weather has been so warm. Once I found the chickens standing outside in the dark I assumed it was too warm in the coop.  So I unplugged the light.  Yet I am still getting eggs; as many as four in a single day.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...