Thursday, May 30, 2013

Disappointed

I signed up for a six hour class on Saturday. The class was led by a naturalist as we kayaked or canoed down the Mississippi from St.Cloud to Clearwater.  Doesn't that sound like a good time?  So tonight, after I took my kayak down from it's suspended storage in the garage and wiped the dust off of it, I opened an email that said the class is cancelled due to high water on the river and the forecast for rain on Saturday.  I really wish I had read that email before I took the kayak down.  Oh, well, I can still go kayaking around here somewhere.  It would have been fun to do it with a group and to also get a ride back to my car.  Paddling downstream is always easier than having to paddle back to the vehicle.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...