Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Forgotten Garden

It was unanimous, everybody in my book club liked The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.  I liked it too; didn't love it but I liked it.  Kate Morton is THE author in Australia - known and loved by all.  I had never heard of her before and that is quite an honor for a 36 year old woman.  But the people in Australia, in my humble opinion, treasure literature more than we do in this country.  When I was traveling there I saw privately owned book stores on almost every other block of the major cities.  This story goes back and forth between England and Australia; the 1800's and current times.  Kate Morton loved fairy tales as a child and she incorporates them into this story as well with orphans, walled gardens, secrets, hidden treasures, and family legacies.  The first couple of chapters were hard because I couldn't keep all the characters straight but after I got through that, it was clear sailing.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...