Friday, May 10, 2013

Peaches For Father Francis

I really wasn't sure I was going to like Peaches for Father Francis by Joanne Harris.  The title didn't grab me. The cover didn't grab me.  What grabbed me is that it is a sequel to Chocolat.  I've never read Chocolat but I loved the movie.  So when in the book the character Vianne Rocher (played in the movie by Juliette Binoche) is wondering whether to go back to Paris and her lover, Roux, the red haired gypsy, I'm thinking, "Girl!  Get back to Paris.  Roux is Johnny Depp.  How is this even a question?"  Vianne doesn't hurry back to Johnny Depp Roux but stays in the small town to help settle a cultural crisis, increase tolerance, and charm people with her chocolates and her winning personality.  The story is complex, modern and very interesting.  I loved every single minute of this book.  As it turns out, this book is the third of a series.  I've seen the movie of the first book and read the third book.  Now I think I will go back and read the first two books because I am in love with Vianne Rocher and Johnny Depp Roux and quite a few of the other characters as well.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...