Tuesday, May 7, 2013

First Bike Ride of the Year (6773 miles)

I went for the first bike ride of the season.  The Suzuki started on the second try.  I slowly puttered around my neighborhood to get my motorcycle riding motor skills back into shape and then I took off down Highway 47 to St. Francis.  Oh, the purr of the engine as it slides into 5th gear, the feel of the wind rushing up my sleeves, the tink sound of the bugs as they impact on my face screen, the encouragement of the little barky dogs as I pass by, the cold spots on the road, the other motorcyclists returning my greeting, the admiring of my shadow on the boulevard as we race  north and south, the smells, the wide open sky, the leaning into the curves and remembering to put my feet down at stop signs, and the fun of riding up the curvy hill of Highway 47 as it passes over Trott Brook - it's all so lovely. I can't tell you how much fun it is.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...