Monday, June 10, 2013

A Good Friend

A great friend of mine said last week, "Why don't I come over on Monday afternoon?  We can visit.  I'll bring a spinach pie for supper."  I readily agreed to this wonderful plan.  All weekend, whenever a tough moment came up, I remembered - I'm having spinach pie on Monday.  She came.  She brought a homemade spinach pie (see photo).  She cut a smiling face into the top pie crust.  We talked for five hours; heart to heart.  We laughed.  We ate delicious spinach pie.  She left me three big pieces of pie for lunches this week.  I feel like a rich woman.  I may not have the nicest house or an expensive car.  I buy my clothes off the clearance rack and the store brand frozen vegetables.  But I have friends who have my back and that makes me enviable.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...