Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Uncle John

When I was a kid, it was  a big treat if our family went to Uncle John's Pancake House for a meal.   Uncle John's was just a few miles from our house.  Our hostess gave all the kids a mustache to wear.  I'd put my mustache on immediately.  Made out of black cardboard and pinching the cartilage between my nostrils, I'd wear it until the cardboard softened and wouldn't hang on to me anymore.  I think the servings were smaller than what you'd get at IHOP or Perkins today.  I can't remember what I ate then or if I even had a choice in the matter.  But if I was to go there now I think I would order either the whole wheat pancakes for 75 cents or the potato pancakes for 65 cents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Johns was our go to place after Sunday Mass

Anonymous said...

on Wayzata Blvd in St Louis Park, MN

Anonymous said...

Uncle John's in Reno Nevada. I used to get the silver dollar pancakes and whipped orange juice.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...