Monday, May 26, 2014

Afton

I reserved a backpack campsite at Afton State Park a couple months ago.  I chose the closest one I could get to the parking lot. We had a great time.  We went to sleep listening to the whipporwill and woke up listening to the turkeys gobbling.  We hiked and swam and foraged and hiked and enjoyed campfires.  And hiked.

Afton State Park is a beautiful spot but very hilly.  This gnarly tree was on the long hike back from the outhouse.  We really had it rough.  No showers.  When we got back to the car there was a bathroom with soap and running water and it felt very luxurious to have clean smelling hands.


I accidentally brought only 5 ears of corn instead of 6.  I, in a regrettably impulsive yet gallant mood said "Go ahead.  I'll eat something else."  This is my resentful photo because that corn looked really good and was toasted to perfection on the campfire.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...