Monday, May 26, 2014

It Was a Hike

Nothing like a weekend spent in nature to replenish your senses and renew your spirituality.  The wonders we saw besides morel mushrooms were many turkey vultures, huge cottonwood trees, the pristine St. Croix river, my first whipporwill, my first northern mockingbird, turkeys, my first osprey of the year, scenic vistas of the Wisconsin side of the river bluffs, extremely nice weather, wildflowers blooming in the woods, great food, wild cherry trees beginning to bloom, and lots of campfires.

I think I must look like a pitiful pack mule here at the bottom of the hill.  In the next 5 minutes one kindly nephew takes the orange tent bag and a strange man took the tan bag and my orange lunch bag making it easier for me to walk the half mile to the parking lot.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...