Sunday, May 11, 2014

Feeling Appreciated

As the mother of two offspring, I'm feeling very appreciated today on Mother's Day.  Gifts of flowers, candy, food, sentiments of love, time, and assistance feel like more than I deserve.  Because it's my offspring I should be thanking for allowing me to be a mother - the greatest role in my life.  I have loved being a mother.  It wasn't all smiles and cotton candy either.  There were some hard times, some unpopular decisions, and some sleepless nights but it was all worth it.  Being a mother has been my passion since the age of 15.  When I was 15 I heard my dying aunt say, "My only regret is that I never had children."  That was the moment I vowed to be a mother.  I admired my aunt and the adventurous life she chose for herself. I wanted what she had and children too.  I am a lucky woman and I have my kids to thank for it.  

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...