Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Birdman of Lauderdale

A sibling lent me the book, The Birdman of Lauderdale  by Clay Christensen.  It's a good book!  He talks about his growing interest in birding, his first group birding trip, and his experiences at a Christmas bird count.  After reading his story I feel I know him.  He's like most people I meet on birding trips - really interested in learning more about birds and in nature in general.  He talks openly about making mistakes in bird identification and his humility is very cute.  All the chapters went by very quickly.  This is the kind of book you could finish on a long rainy afternoon. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...