Sunday, May 18, 2014

I had a really great weekend at the Master Naturalist convention at Camp Friendship in Annandale.  I was sad that it had to come to an end today at 1 o'clock.  I had 11 hours of training, a guided tour of the St. Cloud granite quarry by a geology professor from St. Cloud State University, and plenty of time to socialize with my master naturalist friends.  Some of these people I only get to see once a year.  And I was the big winner of a drawing.  I won "Beastie Naturalist," a rhinoceros looking hunk of wood on a wooden plaque who actually has his her it's own facebook page.  I think I will take Beastie on my master naturalist activities and keep all of Beastie's friends updated.  Beastie can go on the frog and toad survey.  Beastie can monitor the water of the Rum River.  Beastie can even go on the Christmas bird count.  And next May when the Master Naturalists meet again in Grand Rapids Beastie can be won by a different master naturalist. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...