A good friend sent me a photo to my phone in the morning. I opened it up on my cheap tracfone. I could see oak trees in the photo and a log lying on the ground. She lives in Savage and has property on the Gunflint Trail. With the oak trees I figured the photo was from Savage. But I really couldn't see why she sent the photo. I asked and she sent me another photo but I still couldn't make it out. I waited until I got home and put on my magnifying glasses but I still couldn't make it out. She sent a third photo with an explanation that a cooper's hawk was the predator and she was trying to read the number on the tag on the prey's leg. Looking again I could make out the third photo was a dismembered bird leg with a silver band on the leg. Her fourth text was that the dead bird was a racing pigeon from a Lakeville pigeon racing flock. How cool is that? She saw a cooper's hawk kill and consume a racing pigeon. She documented this circle of life event on her phone. Best of all she shared it with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time Of The Lotus Bloom
Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...

No comments:
Post a Comment