Saturday, May 24, 2014

Like A Slap In The Face

Last night I was in a hurry to get some things done before the holiday weekend.  I headed out to the garden and hooked up the hose for the first time this season.  As I attempted to throw the sprinkler head in the center of the garden over the fence, a beautiful smell hit me like a slap in the face.  Oh, the crab apple tree blossoms perfume the air in such a lovely way it makes me want to cry.  With 4 crab apple trees and one Haralson apple tree in bloom, my yard will be like a fairyland this weekend.  I don't like perfume and I don't like artificial scents like potpourri or smells that come out of a can.  But give me a crab apple blossom or a lily of the valley or a lilac or a rose and I will just melt. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...