Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin

I just finished reading a kindle version of Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.  I found it interesting.  I thought he seemed overly proud of his philosophical thoughts as a young man and under proud of his experiment with the kite and the key and of his role in the formation of the United States of America.  The book was interesting although sometimes the language was so old it was hard to read and comprehend.  The great thing about Kindles, though, is that if you don't know a word you just put your finger on it for a couple seconds and the definition pops up on your screen.  I really like that feature because I don't always remember to look the word up when I get to a dictionary or a computer.  Old Ben gives us good advice on business, politics, leadership and common sense.  Now I'm thinking about reading Poor Richard's Almanac.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...