Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Just Answer My Question Please!

I found an effective tool to deal with bloviating blabbers.   You know the type.  They talk and talk and don't say anything.  Judge Judy would slam her gavel on them.  I don't use this tool often but sometimes it is needed.  I am almost always polite but I get frustrated when I ask a question politely three or more times and all I hear is blah, blah, blah, blah.  So then I pull out my trusty tool which is to say, "If I'm hearing you correctly, you are saying {here I insert an answer that is the opposite of the one I want to hear but don't care anymore because I've asked three times and all I hear is empty comments that avoid an answer because the person doesn't have the ovaries to take responsibility for her refusal and it's a good thing I have a decent amount of impulse control because if I was lacking in impulse control I would have slapped her into next week after she didn't answer me the second time and I'm tired of listening to this megalomaniac take up everybody's precious time}."  (Take a breath.  Long sentence).  Both times I used this tool the other person said, "Oh, no, I'm not saying that!"  That is all I wanted to know.  I put that tool back into my tool box and don't take it out for a long time because most people are not bloviating megalomaniacs.

Like Robert Frost said, "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it."
 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...