Monday, December 7, 2015

It's A Wonderful Life

The idea of going back in time and seeing what your world would be like if you were never born is intriguing and that is what happens to George Bailey in the play, "It's a Wonderful Life."  I went to see a version this weekend at my former high school as part of the Rosetown Theater Group production starring my very own nephew as George.  And now, as a result of absorbing one performance, I am fully injected with the Christmas spirit.  All the performers were good but George was excellent.  He emoted the hell out of that play.  When they got to the part where George felt desperate because his uncle lost $8000 and the bank examiners was about to call the police on him and he started taking his frustration out on his children, my eyes got watery.  But when his wife said, "Why are you torturing the children?"  my eyes overflowed and tears streamed down my cheeks.  Later when George is back on the bridge yelling for Clarence and saying he wanted to live, I was out and out bawling.  When the lights came up I was a mess.  I looked over to Offspring #2 and her eyes were red and swollen too.  Some people look good when they cry but we're not part of that crowd.  We look a mess.  But it was a good mess. I totally enjoyed the roller coaster that is "It's a Wonderful Life."  George was so believable he out acted Jimmy Stewart. The standing ovation was totally deserved.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...