Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Brutal

On Monday I thought the roads might be a little bit bad so I left 20 minutes earlier than usual.  I got to work 1.5 hours late.  What?  In the past 26, almost 27 years of working in Blaine, my commute has never been more than two hours long.  Never!  And why?  I saw no accidents.  No lanes were closed.  Traffic was not moving.  Yes it was slippery but there wasn't that much snow.  I drove in second gear for 15 freaking miles.  I spent 50 minutes on the exit ramp where I could see the building I am supposed to work in but could not get there.  I actually thought about getting out and walking and coming back for the car later.  I didn't think the commuters behind me would appreciate that so I remained in my car.  Lucky for me I had a great book to listen to on CD so I wasn't overly anxious.  So, in response to being so late on Monday, I paid closer attention to the weather reports.  I hate being late. The weather reports were very alarming. Normally I don't listen to the weather on the television because I can't stand the hype.  I went out to the garage and turned my car around so I was pointed facing out so I could take my driveway head on.  I got up an hour earlier and rushed through my morning routine.  And today it took me less time than usual and I arrived at work over an hour early.  Plus I am exhausted because I didn't sleep well listening for the snow plow all night.  (It came by my house at 3:15 in case you want to know).  So far this winter commuting has been brutal on me. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...