Saturday, December 5, 2015

Scandinavian Holiday

I went to a holiday party on Friday night with a Scandinavian theme.  The hosts even made Swedish meatballs with out meat plus a shallot gravy.  Wow, I was not expecting such delicious food. No one brought lefse! We had rice pudding and cardamom bread and all kinds of delicious food.  We spent quite a bit of time talking about DNA ancestry tests.  I guess all of us would like to know their ancestors better.  Some day, when I have more free time, I probably will explore my ancestry in greater detail but on this night, I relaxed with my friends and listened to the soft ding of the angels spinning in circles above the heat of four candles.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...