Sunday, February 28, 2016

Happy Birthday

If my older sister had lived to be old enough to work, she would be 65 today and eligible to retire.  Here is our picture with our matching tennis shoes.  I miss her terribly and think of her all the time.  Even though she has been gone for nearly 60 years, her voice is still in my head. The sentences I imagine her saying to me are always kind and supportive and uplifting.  Her spirit has gotten me through some difficult times.  She died so young.  She was just a child actually.  And even though she died at the tender age of seven she remains one of the most influential people in my life.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...