Friday, February 19, 2016

The End

Yesterday I heard a story about a young woman who quit her job.  To mark the occasion she held a ceremonial burning of her uniform.  I saw pictures of the uniform burning.  Someone must have soaked it in a bit of fuel because that thing was burning 18 inches up into the air.  The pictures I saw on the phone were quite awesome.  The same day I hard about a football player ending his career with a picture of him riding off into the sunset. I like ceremonial endings like that.  I believe it is important to mark transitions with symbols and celebrations. Life is short.  Why not celebrate all that we can?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...