Saturday, February 27, 2016

I Made A Walrus

Today was a beautiful day outside.  The temperature went up to 60 degrees in February no less.  I saw people walking their dogs, biking, motorcycling, and pulling children in a wagon.  How did I enjoy my afternoon outside?  I set my yard on fire.  In the prairie area east of the house I set about 15 fires.  I did it safely.  I lit one at a time.  With the wet ground and the snow piles, I didn't think things would get out of hand.

Hopefully my big bluestem and Indian grass will grow better after the burn.  Plus I got to indulge the pyromaniac side of me. I could actually hear the snow sizzle on this fire.

When I light a circle of grass, I don't know which way the fire will grow.  In this case the fire formed a cursive capital F (for fire maybe) and a walrus.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...