Friday, July 8, 2016

Herbal Hair Rinse

My sibling got me some herbal hair rinse and I liked it. My hair is squeaky clean when I use it. So I thought I'd make some of my own.  I used sage.  I used sage for two reasons.  One is that sage means wisdom and good judgment and I can use all of that I can get.  The second reason is that I got four 18 inch lengths of fresh sage in my CSA (consumer supported agriculture) allotment.  I didn't know what else to do with the sage.  I don't eat turkey and sage has a strong taste on salads. 
Ingredients:  19 ounces of water, 4 18 inch lengths of fresh sage, 2 ounces of white vinegar.  Method:  Remove the sage leaves from the stem and combine with clean water. Heat the water until boiling and simmer for 15 minutes.  Strain through cheesecloth.  Put liquid in a plastic bottle (preferably with a squeeze top if you have one).  Add 2 ounces of vinegar.  I like how my hair feels when I use it plus I feel good about not buying more products containing questionable ingredients in plastic bottles.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...