Monday, July 25, 2016

We Chicks Like To Relax Outside After A Hard Day of Work

Here are the chicks in their temporary recycling box home. I move them outside at the end of the day spent in a hot, smelly garage.  Fresh Air!  They had a hard day of eating, sleeping, peeping and pooping.  I had to do those four thing on top of more difficult tasks like lifting weights at the gym, mowing the lawn paying bills and general adulting.  It's exhausting.  I had to put a window screen on top of the box because the chicks have grown and are pretty good at jumping.  I'm afraid they'll jump out of the box.

I had to do more work than the chickens. That is why I get to enjoy a small cup of Cabernet savagnion and they don't.  Yes, it is in a Peanuts jelly jar.  Don't judge. It's dishwasher safe.

I invented this chickmobile.  You might have thought a chickmobile was a 65 Red Ford Mustang, a 69 Dodge Charger, an El Camino or a 1974 Oldsmobile Toranado (which says more about the guys I dated than maybe I want to let on) but no, a chickmobile is a recycling box atop an antique Radio Flyer.  From now on it is smooth sailing for these 9 chicks and less bending and lifting for this old chicken farmer's arthritic joints.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...