Thursday, July 28, 2016

"You're Gonna Get A ticket!"

WheneverS I encounter a speeder or a law breaker while driving, I sing a little song entitiled,"Youre Gonna Get a Ticket."  If I see you speed, I sing it. If I see you break a traffic law, I sing it. If you annoy me with your aggressive driving, I sing it.  Tonight, Karma rewarded me big time.  At the corner of Ferry Street and Bunker Lake Blvd,  I stopped at a red light.  A man biking had a nice orange bike (my favorite color).  The oncoming traffic had the right to make a left hand turn.  I wasn't sure if this man on the orange bike was going to go half-way across or not so I hesitated.  Excuse me, but I don't want to drive over a biker on an orange bile. The driver of a Cadillac with tinted windows  and out of state license plates beeped his (or possibly her but I doubt it) annoying Cadillac horn behind me.  I looked up. I say aloud, (yes, I talk when I drive), "Excuuuuse me!" (Steve Martin style).  I wait until I'm sure the orange bike rider isn't going to go.  Then I pause and make a right turn. I accelerate gradually.The Cadillac driver rolls through the red light (offense #1).  I don't accelerate unusually slow but with a car that gives me constant feedback on my miles per gallon, perhaps a little slower than I used to.  This Cadillac with tinted windows in offended and uses the right turn lane to pass me (Offense #2!) .  I sing my song, "You're Gonna Get A Ticket" out loud along with the words, "Seriously?  You think this is being a good driver?"  (Sarcasm is my second language). When, lo, and behold, red lights shine in my rear view mirror.  I pull over to let the police get by immediately.  Oh, karma, it feels so good, this driver IS going to get a ticket.  He (or she-I can't tell with these illegally tinted windows) tries to innocently buy gas at the Holiday Station Store) but BUSTED buddy.  You ARE going to get a ticket.  I obey all traffic laws all the way home.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...