Friday, July 28, 2017

Anticipation!

Tomorrow I am going canoeing on the upper Saint Croix River on a six hour trip out of Ameland (Wild River State Park).  I'm going with a group of master naturalists.  I think I am ready.  I have my life vest, chaco sandals, dry bag, dry fanny pack, extra large sun hat, quick dry pants, shirt and underpants, lunch (tofu, pistachios, persimmon, cauliflower - and yes, I know I eat weird), drinks (coffee, water, strawberry cinnamon kefir), camera, binoculars (can't find my good ones!), camera (charging now), $10 (what a deal!), and am I missing anything?  I think I am ready.  Can.  Not. Wait.  My date is Glennie who was also my canoeing partner when we canoed the Mississippi River Bottoms near Winona at the Master Naturalist convention. She knows how to steer.  I think I will let her have the stern with my new hip and all.  Oh, the camera is charging.  I hope I remember that.  Might have pics tomorrow if I remember the camera. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...