Saturday, July 29, 2017

Canoe Trip!

This canoe trip made up for a hectic week at work. Beautiful river. We parked at Wild River State Park an were shuttled north to where the Sunrise River flows into the Saint Croix. Even though I wore quick dry pants that went to my ankles and a spf shirt that went to my wrists an a hat the size of Rhone Island, I feel totally sunbaked..  I kept up though and managed to get in an out of the canoe without too much loss of dignity.  This is my first canoe trip with two artificial hips.  I wasn't sure I could do it but it turns out I can.  Everything went swimmingly.

Everything went well except my delicious lunch that I had packed so carefully. I left it at home.  Like a raccoon at a campsite I begged food from my companions and they fed me.  Here we are on goose poop island.  Many yellow swallow-tailed butterflies fed on the goose poop.  I stood knee deep in the water while I ate my food donations.  We found some mussels an a green frog.  The Trade River flows in from Wisconsin right at this spot.

I got home safe and sound and boy, did that lunch ever taste good!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...