Saturday, July 29, 2017

Canoe Trip!

This canoe trip made up for a hectic week at work. Beautiful river. We parked at Wild River State Park an were shuttled north to where the Sunrise River flows into the Saint Croix. Even though I wore quick dry pants that went to my ankles and a spf shirt that went to my wrists an a hat the size of Rhone Island, I feel totally sunbaked..  I kept up though and managed to get in an out of the canoe without too much loss of dignity.  This is my first canoe trip with two artificial hips.  I wasn't sure I could do it but it turns out I can.  Everything went swimmingly.

Everything went well except my delicious lunch that I had packed so carefully. I left it at home.  Like a raccoon at a campsite I begged food from my companions and they fed me.  Here we are on goose poop island.  Many yellow swallow-tailed butterflies fed on the goose poop.  I stood knee deep in the water while I ate my food donations.  We found some mussels an a green frog.  The Trade River flows in from Wisconsin right at this spot.

I got home safe and sound and boy, did that lunch ever taste good!

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...