Friday, July 21, 2017

Beauty And The Beast

What fun it is to see a performance when you know someone in it.  The performances done by the Fridley Community Theater are a cut above some other local theater work I have seen. The costumes were better.  The sound was better. The sets were better. The lighting was better. The dancing was incredible.I had never seen wolves terrorize people through dance before.  My favorite character of the night, of course, was Cogsworth. This role is perfect for someone so tightly wound. As the play progressed Cogsworth lost more of his human qualities and became more of a clock with the sudden appearance of a handle on his back to wind him up. There was a bit of frightening costuming! A little boy played Chip - the chipped tea cup.  He sat inside a little cabinet that looked totally empty from our vantage point but wasn't. All we could see was his bright little face inside a hole in a big tea cup. He did a great job.  Luminere was also a charming candle stick. Beauty was very talented and reminded me of someone I work with. The Beast was excellent as well.The show goes on this weekend and next weekend. I recommend you go if you can. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...