Saturday, July 22, 2017

Cucumbers Aren't My Favorite

My chickens like cucumbers though.  I arranged for them to have the state-fair-esque treat of a fresh, cool, cucumber on a stick. I had to sequester the birds in the house so they wouldn't fly the coop while I set up the treat. One chicken actually tried to open the door on me so I had to use the lock. The chickens looked at the cucumber for a good two minutes in a flirtatious manner.  It was as if they didn't want to be filmed while they stared. Chickenson Caruso, always the leader of the flock, was the first to venture a peck. She took five pecks before a cuckoo maran dared to take a bite. By the time 90 minutes had passed the cucumber was a goner. I tried to film the chicken antics but I had pushed the wrong button on my camera.  Shoot!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...