Tonight I went to the Farmers Market in Nowthen to pick up my allottment of food. Besides the quart of organic strawberries I got 2 ears of corn, 2 peppers, a head of garlic, 3 red onions, a bunch of arugula, 3 beets, 2 cucumbers, and a big head of white cauliflower (last week my cauliflower was yellow). The chickens devoured the cucumber already. They also pecked away at both of the corn cobs. And did I show restraint in shopping? I did very well. I bought one delicious $2 oat, rhubarb ginger scone and that baby was gone before I entered the city of Ramsey.
Thursday, July 27, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time Of The Lotus Bloom
Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...
No comments:
Post a Comment