Sunday, July 10, 2022

A Tree Falls In The Forest

All the campers have left the park and I am alone. As I sit by my campfire reading my book and waiting for my supper to heat up I hear a loud crack not to far away and behind me. I look and don't see anything. Again I hear a CRACK! This is the sound of wood splitting. A tree behind me is in the slow process of falling over. I look into the woods and try to guess which one it is. I see five trees leaning over. I go back to my book. CRACK! This is getting annoying. I wish the tree would just fall. There is basically no wind blowing so why is the tree falling now anyway? After 45 minutes of hearing the track at random intervals the inevitable happens. I watch the tree fall over. The top is on the ground but the trunk is at 20 degree angle. I am glad that is over because I wouldn't be able to sleep with listening to a tree crack all night. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...